We are currently looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and within the established budget. The chosen candidate will reside within the Midwest, preferably the Indianapolis or Louisville metropolitan areas and will be required to travel to these areas. Some multi-family residential experience is required.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills and be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
- Collaborate with the project owners and their representatives
- Collaborate with the project architects and engineers regarding the drawings and specifications for the project
- Bid construction work and then negotiate contracts and purchase orders with external subcontractors and suppliers including scopes of work and schedules of values
- Negotiate change order requests and provide continuous budget management of the project cost and construction contingency
- Monitor general conditions costs including labor, material and equipment and provide continuous budget management
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Create and update construction projects schedules in coordination with the onsite Superintendent
- Collaborate and coordinate with the onsite Superintendent for all construction operations and schedules to ensure deadlines will be met
- Coordinate project controls including submittals, requests for information, etc.
- Supervise Project Engineers and construction interns
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Minimum of 10 years in a construction project manager role; preferably some in multi-family residential
- BS or BA in Construction Management, Engineering, or related Building Science degree
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality, health, and safety standards
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software; Timberline is a plus
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Must be a team player with strong leadership abilities and capacity to embrace and model the company’s values