Welcome to the Feb. 24 Monday Business Briefing.
This is your private business intelligence briefing with Insider Louisville staff and contributors vetting tips collected during the past few days, hours and minutes before we post.
Now we know: Cityscape Residential based in Indianapolis is moving ahead with plans to invest between $35 million and $40 million in a Class A multi-family complex at Lexington Road and Payne Street on the former Progress Rail property.
We said last week there were 674 units planned or under construction (not counting the Clifton project). So, we re-tabulated, counting the Clifton project, and we get 1,019 units planned or under construction in NuLu, Clifton and along the Ohio River.
- 310 at NuLu, with 173 market-rate apartments under construction at Hancock and Jefferson streets.
- A proposed conversion of the Ready Electric property in Clifton at Frankfort and Bellaire avenues. Milhaus Ventures executives and Louisville zoning attorney Glenn Price, with Frost Brown Todd, tested the waters for a proposed 102-unit complex during a neighborhood meeting on Feb. 12.
- Axis Apartments, 343 apartments at Lexington Road and Payne Street on the abandoned Progress Rail property.
- RiverPark Place, with 329 units through 2015 on River Road, just east of downtown next to the Waterfront Park system.
- Distillery Commons at Lexington Road and Payne Street, with 100 units planned. This is a partnership that includes Ashley Blacketer and Chad Middendorf.
- The Woods at Lexington Road, less than a mile east of Distillery Commons, is where Steve Poe is building 72 units.
To read the full business briefing, visit Insider Louisville.